Thursday, June 21, 2012

Theories please!



I am stranded, as night falls

and a thick fog swirls in.

In this nowhere place,

sounds are muffled,

I cannot tell left from right,

forward from backward,

tomorrow from yesterday.

My courage plummets;

I lose touch with my inner self,

no dreams, no poetry.


I cannot fathom whatever,

however this murky black cloud

descends upon me, engulfs me,

and disappears whenever it chooses.

Days, weeks, months later.

I emerge into light.


My artistic self playing tricks?

The dark night of the soul?

M.S. malfunctioning?

Certainly, suicide territory.

My only theory, will sound

gobbledegook.

My inner self wakes up to the fact

that I am missing and reconnects.

I am grounded, feel secure.

Daft, yes, but you come up

with something better.


1 comment:

  1. Diana, I can't come up with something better. It makes sense, to me, that depression, dark nights, M.S. trials etc., all result in a disjunction between the inner self and the 'I' (I forget the terms.) And I also believe that the desired harmony is most readily achieved through art. I hope you are still feeling grounded and that the wheelchair is working for you rather than against you.
    Love, Jacquie

    ReplyDelete